Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Thank You Blogger Moms

Yesterday morning, as we were eating breakfast, I was explaining the health benefits of the lacto-fermented salsa I've been enjoying making lately to Mr. Reliable when he suddenly stopped me. "You should teach a class!" he said emphatically.

"A class about salsa? It isn't really that hard, I doubt anyone needs a class on it."

"No, I mean... The way you combine thriftiness and healthiness! I can see you teaching a class on it."

This is possibly the best compliment I have received in years! Not because I want to teach a class or because I think I'm even half-way qualified, but in that statement he was telling me that he thinks I take care of our family so well that I should teach other people how to do the same! I think as a wife and a mom I am constantly trying to find a better way to do things- and it feels so good to be recognized!

So thanks friends and blogger moms for sharing all your tips, ideas, recipes, trials and errors! You are helping me be a better homemaker; and that makes my home happier!

2 comments:

  1. That is a good compliment! And this post reminds me that I want to start making that salsa... I tried the pickles. They were really good, but I didn't use the right kind of pickles which made them a little mushy and I got the wrong kind of mustard (ground, not seeds) which made for a weird kind of zing. I'm going to try that again too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know, I am such a dummy. I was looking at your comment on my blog about spelling and I was thinking, "that's weird I wonder if Rachel's username got hacked because that doesn't make any sense" Keep in mind that was a week ago that I thought that. I just now realized that you were misspelling things on purpose. hahaha. I'm really smart.

    ReplyDelete